Q: Are there any regulations about having a pet inside city limits?
· Ordinance 686-12 prohibits any person from allowing their dog or cat to run at large. “Running at large” is defined to be the presence of a dog or cat at any place except upon the premises of the owner or possessor. A dog or cat, however, shall not be considered to be running at large if it is on a leash and thereby under the control of a person physically able to control it.
· Ordinance 664-11 prohibits keeping, harboring, owning, or possessing in any way, within the corporate limits of the City of New Bloomfield, any pit bull. Pit bull dog is defined to include: Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed, American Pit Bull Terrier breed, American Staffordshire Terrier breed, and any mixed breed of dog which contains as an element of its breeding or has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly of the breeds previously listed.
· Ordinance 686-12 prohibits any person or household to own, possess, or harbor, at one location within the city, more than a total of four (4) dogs or cats over the age of four (4) months.
Ordinance 715-14 prohibits the keeping of undomesticated animals including poultry, fowl, swine, livestock, bovine or equine animals in city limits except for properly licensed veterinary treatment facilities.
· Ord. 729-15 Lawns must be maintained and grass/vegetation kept less than eight (8) inches, this includes private property (and culverts/ditches) all the way up to the street.
· Ord. 547-04 Garage sales may only last three consecutive days, and residents are only allowed three garage sales per year.
· Ord. 596-05 Building permits are required from the City for any structure that is more than one hundred square feet (10x10) of usable floor space. (Does not include decks, patios, or concrete pads). Permits can be obtained at City Hall.
· Ord. 528-02 Speed limit within City limits is 25 mph unless otherwise posted.
· Ord. 568-04 No person shall allow any partially dismantled, wrecked, junked, discarded or otherwise non-operating motor vehicle to remain on property longer than ten days; does not apply with regard to any vehicle in an enclosed building or so located upon the premises as not to be readily visible from any public place or from any surrounding private property.
Q: How can I contact the Mayor or my Alderman?
At Mayor Lowe's request, if you have concerns or questions regarding general city matters including water/sewer/trash billing please contact City Hall first to seek answers and/or resolutions to the matter. The City staff is available during regular business hours, while the Mayor and Alderman are not always available during regular business hours, and the staff are available to assist you.
Mayor Mike Lowe can be reached at 573-644-3336.
Alderman Ward I Paul Hilchen can be reached at 573-645-4747.
Alderman Ward I Greg Rehagen can be reached at 573-491-8717.
Alderman Ward II Martha Siegel can be reached at 573-491-3470.
Alderman Ward II Rosemary Augustine can be reached at 573-544-4232.
Q: What are the Post Office hours?
New Bloomfield Post Office is located on Chestnut Street right across from the City Park. Their hours of operation as of 4/23/13 are:
Monday - Friday 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to Noon
24 hour Lobby Access for PO Box holders.
Q: What hours is City Hall open?
City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The office is closed from noon to 1pm for lunch.
While we maintain every effort possible to ensure City Hall is open every day, there are times when the office is closed due to the minimal staff on hand. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: When is my water, sewer and trash bill due?
Q: When will my trash be picked up?
· Trash pick-up is every Wednesday morning. Trash receptacles may be set out at the curb Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. and should be removed from the curb by 6:00 p.m. the day of trash collection per the City ordinance.
· If there is a major holiday during the work week, trash service is always pushed back to Thursdays. If your trash has not been picked up on Wednesday and there was a holiday in the week, leave it out for Thursday morning pickup.
· Your trash service is provided by Allied Waste Services and is billed by the City of New Bloomfield. You should not receive a separate bill from Allied Waste. If you do, please contact City Hall.
· A trash receptacle is provided by Allied Waste Services. If you have any issues with trash service call City Hall.
· Once a year (typically late Spring/early Summer) Allied will offer a “Spring Clean Up” at which time you are able to place miscellaneous household items out for pick up. Notices will be sent out prior to the scheduled date providing the date and guidelines for this service.
When/where is New Bloomfield Municipal court held?
New Bloomfield Municipal Court is held at City Hall located at 501 Glenwood Drive one Monday of every month at 5:30 pm. It is typically the first Monday of the month but this is subject to change. It is best to call and confirm the court date if you have been issued a citation and need to attend.
If you wish to enter a plea of guilty and not attend court, you may do so by paying the fines and costs PRIOR to your assigned court date. Payment can be mailed payable to New Bloomfield Municipal Court, PO Box 77, New Bloomfield, MO 65063.
You can also pay online at www.newbloomfieldmopymt.com or by phone at 1-800-701-8560. You will need your citation number and amount due when using those services.
Q: Where/How do I pay my bill?